Tuesday, March 31, 2009

S-U-M-M-E-R

Summer-like weather has fallen upon the great city of Pittsburgh and that's reason to celebrate!! I picked G.Love - Holla to get you in the summer mood and also inspire you to come to the concert with me next week! But anyway, summer means many things to me and I will *spell* them out for you in this elementary school exercise:

S - shoes! I finally get to wear my summer shoes, which are basically my winter shoes without socks! Today for example, I am wearing a very faboosh pair of black shoes that Craig bought for me 2 years ago. I've gotten 2 compliments and saw many people look at them, so I know it's the real deal. My toes are bleeding, however, and I did a minor Tokyo drift when turning the corner at work because they are slippery as hell.

U - University move-outs! Yayyyy! Finally all the annoying young kids leave the city! And when they depart, they leave all sorts of cool stuff for me to buy or take. Also this means the busses become less crowded which always pleases this girl!

M - Movies in the park. Love it! Love the idea: picnic with entertainment and beer.

M - My bike! Well this doesn't make me too happy since last time I took Connie out in the summer, this was the result:

But I'm still looking forward to riding around with Craig every now and then and putting the old hunk-o-junk to work. I can't believe I haven't talked about Connie more on my blog. Amazingly fantastic stories have come out of that bike. Did I mention I built it? If you know anything about my engineering skills you know this thing is a death trap. More to come...

E - Everyone comes out in the summer! Prepare for the return of the Bus Crazies, they all come back out in the summer.

R - Reading! Gotta start up that book club again. I guess I'll consider having more that 2 people in my club this time around. Here are some books I want to read:
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
- 1984 by George Orwell (read it once and hated it, I'd like to try again)
- The Dice Man by Luke Rhinehart (about a guy who lives his life by the roll of a die)

What does summer mean to you??

3 comments:

takewrning said...

add extremely loud and incredibly close to the book list. It's awesome

Camilo said...

Summer means drinking home-brewed beer out on my back porch!

Mo-mentous said...

oh my...

natty light: curing your injuries since 1977

and yay for happy summer weather
unfortunately my weather widget says tomorrow and tuesday there might be... snow?

ugh

My YouTube Playlist of the Minute