Thursday, September 11, 2008

Calling it Quits

Whoever said, "Haste Makes Waste" was obviously not a Scrabble player...

I had the most heart wrenching experience today playing Scrabulous. Thinking of my blog 24/7, I decided to document this event from start to finish to allow my readers to live vicariously through the following screen shots:

Figure 1. Ohhh, hmm... perhaps I'll have a chance at the elusive, "QUIXOTIC"


Figure 2. Oh my god, it can happen, it can actually happen! I just need a U on the board...


Figure 3. Waiting for it, waiting for it... Take note of the score differential as well as my sad attempt to apologize via chat.


Figure 4. After passing about 7 times, I finally get a U and it's in a bullshit place. What do you think I do?? Do I keep waiting?? Or do I....


Figure 5. QUIT!



Alfred Butts must be turning in his grave. The dream was over. If you're wondering why I want quixotic so bad, it's that the MINIMUM i could get would be 76 points! Not to mention that it was the first BINGO ever, obtained originally by Mrs. Alfred Butts.

Thanks for journeying through defeat with me. Next time you sit to play any derivative of Scrabble, remember this:

Anyone can play a 76 point word, but only assholes QUIT...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the best part of this is the person you were playing with replying "it's okay, I understand", meaning he/she was just as much of a scrabble addict as you. hehe

Unknown said...

Or she was just being nice and behind her screen she was like "What the hell is wrong with this Hanerz girl??" Just kidding, Jame. Quixotic would have been INCREDIBLE.

Unknown said...

you should have done "divine"

My YouTube Playlist of the Minute